Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weight Watchers and me....

I finally joined Weight Watchers yesterday with a friend. The first thing the receptionist asked me is why I wanted to join, because I looked fine. That was really sweet of her, but when I look at myself....I look at a woman that is 15 lbs heavier before her children were born....

I tried on my business suits (that are about 7 years out of style), but I can only focus on the "muffin tops" that emerge once I managed to zip on the pants. It's just plain depressing.

I have a very schizophrenic relationship with food and exercise. I run every other day, and lift on the days that I don't run. As much as a exercise...I will eat my weight in food. I eat as much as my husband and he's about 10 inches taller than me.

So, I joined WW hoping that they will teach me portion control, etc...

Except....I couldn't start last night since we were headed to Annapolis to a BBQ in honor of my friend's and my birthday.

I went on to consume two glasses of wine, two chicken legs w/skin on, chips, dip, a hot dog, a huge slice of chocolate mousse cake, and tons of sweetened iced tea....

Today is a new day in the dieting world though!

No comments: