Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hard help is good to find or how a restaurant almost ruined a couples' wedding!!!!!

My friend and I are trying to start up an event planning business. While it's slow going, I'm proud to say that we're doing about three to four weddings coming up. I really take each wedding to heart and treat them as if they are my own.

We have a wedding coming up next week, and I called to confirm with the restaurant (where the vows will be held). Here is how the conversation went:


Momma Hu: Hi, I'm calling to confirm the wedding party for the 20th at 10:45am.

Hostess: Oh....um....we have nothing on the books.

Momma Hu: I've been working with B.A., and she knows all the details. I also have several emails confirming what we've discussed.

Hostess: Oh...I'm not sure. B.A. is only here about twice a week, but there are no parties booked at all for that day.

Momma Hu: Could you have her call me as soon as possible?

Hostess: Sure....

As I was about to have a coronary, the phone rings...it's "S." She is the NEW manager of the restaurant, and has told me that B.A. no longer works at the restaurant. She left two months (okay, why did the hostess seem to think that B.A. is still there?). B.A. failed to make any notes or book our party (even though I have started email exchanges and phone calls as early as March).

While everything worked out fine, I'm a bit perturbed that had I not called....or if another party made reservations in my place...my couple would not have a place to get married.

At another venue...I've asked to make changes to the contract, and I've had to email the contract editor five times!!!! Five times before anything was changed. Now, I'm not sure how most businesses operate, but isn't attention to detail important?

Or maybe it's my type A personality coming out....sorry...had to vent....

3 comments:

Stimey said...

Having to rely on other people sucks. I'm happy to hear it worked out!

Unknown said...

Yeah, really glad it worked out!!!! :)

Momma Hu said...

Haha!!!! Micha, I know you are SO GLAD it worked out!!!