Monday, September 22, 2008

"But I don't like Chinese Food."

This weekend was a "cooking free" weekend for Momma Hu. We spent so much of our weekend outside, and I was honestly too tired to lift a wok...just kidding my Asian friends!

On satuday, we were in Bethesda all afternoon. Bethesda has a plethora of restaurants. Seriously, you can find any kind of cuisine in that area. Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Americana, etc....So, we are walking from restaurant to restaurant and getting vetoes from the kids. "How about pizza?" No..."What about Mexican?" No...."Okay Chinese?" "But I don't like Chinese food." What? Seriously dudes....you ARE Chinese!

We continued on to "La Madeleine." My eldest liked none of the soups (which we all tried in their tiny little tasting cups). I swear, the restaurant worker could have killed us with her eyes as we walked out of the restaurant.

And we're off to "Chipotle." Again, nothing the kids wanted to eat! I was so desperate at this point for food, and the husband was just plain tired. So, what do we do? We head home for leftovers.

Ironically, yesterday after leaving Chinese school....we went to eat Chinese food...which the kids ate!

No comments: